AKRON, Ohio – Akron Zoo is introducing two grownups-only functions in May well: Locked Zoo Encounter and Seltzers n’ Shells.
Locked Zoo Encounter
The occasion – 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, May well 14 – delivers guests a possibility to unlock a collection of puzzles through their smartphone performing separately or with a crew.
Food items and consume will be available for obtain from regional breweries and food stuff vehicles. Sellers involve:
• Akronym Brewing Co.
• Hoppin’ Frog Brewery
• Nauti Vine Winery
• A Moveable Feast
• Johnny Lóte’s Latin Avenue Corn
• Krazy Kitchen area
Admission is $30 ($25, Akron Zoo users). Tickets are offered on-line.
Seltzers n’ Shells
The event is 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday, May possibly 21. It will mark Earth Turtle Working day and consist of keeper talks, a tortoise shower and animal encounters.
Nearby breweries will provide really hard seltzers, ciders, craft beers and wines for tasting. Distributors:
• Bent Ladder Cider and Wine, Doylestown
• Tough Mule Seltzer Co., Akron
• Hoppin’ Frog Brewery, Akron
• Lock 15 Brewing Co., Akron
• Extended Drink, Utica, New York
• Maize Valley Winery and Craft Brewery, Hartville
• March Very first Brewing and Distilling, Cincinnati
• Mighty Swell, Austin, Texas
• Missing Falls Brewery, Akron
• Stevens Place Brewery, Stevens Place, Wisconsin
• Ciderboys Cider Co., Stevens Place, Wisconsin
• Tramonte Distributing, Akron
• Unplugged Brewing Co., Elyria
• Urban Artifact, Cincinnati
• Broadview Brewing Co., Broadview Heights
Foodstuff trucks include Bytchn Kitchen, Krazy Kitchen area and Sassy Shay’s Twisted Mac N Eatz.
Tickets include eight consume samples and are accessible on the net.
Value is $35 ($30, Akron Zoo members). Specified-driver tickets are $24 ($19, Akron Zoo users).
The zoo is at 500 Edgewood Ave., Akron.
I am on cleveland.com’s existence and lifestyle staff and include foods, beer, wine and athletics-similar topics. If you want to see my stories, here’s a listing on cleveland.com. Bill Wills of WTAM-1100 and I converse foodstuff and consume commonly at 8:20 a.m. Thursday morning. Twitter: @mbona30.
Get a jumpstart on the weekend and indicator up for Cleveland.com’s weekly “In the CLE” email publication, your critical guidebook to the best things to do in Higher Cleveland. It will arrive in your inbox on Friday mornings – an exceptional to-do record, concentrating on the greatest of the weekend exciting. Places to eat, audio, videos, doing arts, household exciting and additional. Just simply click in this article to subscribe. All cleveland.com newsletters are totally free.
Like great community meals + beverages photos and videos? Comply with @DineDrinkCLE on Instagram.