The commanders of two Ukrainian models defending the besieged port city of Mariupol issued a video clip statement expressing they had been equipped to sign up for forces, as Russia claimed improvements in the metropolis.
Their statement comes as Ukrainian forces keep on being blockaded within Mariupol, which has been beneath months of relentless bombardment. The Russian military services has repeatedly claimed to have taken strategic positions in the metropolis, but has also faced rigid resistance from Ukrainian forces.
Denys Prokopenko, the commander of the Azov Regiment, said his unit experienced connected up with troops from the 36th Marine Brigade, but acknowledged that some Ukrainian defenders experienced surrendered.
“These are genuine men [of the 36th] who have preferred the route of war,” he said. “Do not make heroes out of deserters and fighters who voluntarily surrendered. They selected the path of disgrace, and shouldn’t be heroized in any scenario.”
“We know what we are doing, why we are listed here. We will do regardless of what is vital to properly finish our fight mission,” claimed Serhii Volyna, commander of the Marine Brigade claimed.
Ukrainian presidential adviser Oleksiy Arestovych had claimed before on Wednesday that immediately after a “risky maneuver” the previous remaining defenders of the besieged port town of Mariupol have been capable to be part of forces.
“This is what comes about when officers do not lose their heads, but firmly retain command and management of the troops,” Arestovych mentioned.
CNN can’t independently affirm the details of the procedure.
Meanwhile, in a statement Wednesday, Russian Ministry of Defense spokesperson Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov stated Mariupol’s professional seaport had been captured. CNN was not independently capable to verify that assert.